The Integrated Cryogenic Electronics Test-bed (ICE-T) is designed for rapid and convenient testing of low temperature electronics, especially for superconductor electronics, integrated circuits and multi-chip modules. It is completely cryogen-free and can be configured to test a wide variety of devices and ICs.
ICE-T can be reconfigured through user-specified electrical inserts, ranging from standard to fully customized. Completely cryogen free, ICE-T runs on a 3-phase power supply. The modular and versatile design allows inserts to function as liquid helium immersion cryoprobes, without the associated high cost of liquid helium.
Other applications suitable for ICE-T include high-speed superconducting electronic chips for supercomputing applications, process-control monitors and digital diagnostics, high-performance cryogenic analog-to-digital converters for RF receivers, analog low-noise measurements for SQUIDs and SQIFs, and cryogenic semiconductor devices.
- High-speed superconducting electronics chips for supercomputing applications
- Process Control Monitors and Digital diagnostics
- High-performance cryogenic analog-to-digital converters for RF receivers
- Analog low-noise measurements for SQUIDs and SQIFs
- Cryogenic semiconductor devices
- Universal high-speed 40-line insert for 5mmx5mm superconductor ICs
- Universal high-speed 80-line insert for 10mmx10mm superconductor ICs
- Universal low-speed 120-line device/PCM diagnostic insert for three 5mmx5mm superconductor ICs
- Custom inserts (e.g. superconductor MCM, semiconductor devices)
- Cryocooler: Sumitomo SRDK-415D, 1.5 W heat lift @4.2K
- Vacuum pump
- Temperature controller
- Vacuum enclosure with radiation shields
- 17-channel digital amplifier unit
- Input current source
- FPGA/logic analyzer output interface board
- External integrated clock source
- Integrated monitor amplifier box
- Active magnetic shielding (available soon)
- Rack dimension: 22.5” wide, 33” deep, 56” high
- Rack power: 110 V, 60 Hz, single-phase
- Compressor power: 200 V, 60 Hz, three-phase, 7.5KW
- Rack weight: 415 lbs.
- Compressor weight: 225 lbs.
- Operating temperature: +5°C to +35°C